Welcome to Dorset Computers 4 Carers
Many people who care at home, full-time, for someone they love can feel socially isolated, lonely and unsupported. Often they can’t leave the person they care for, and replacement care is too expensive, which means that meeting up with friends, or even a relaxing walk around the shops, is impossible for them.
A computer with Internet access means that you can:
- Browse and order your shopping from home
- Find out about health concerns, order prescriptions and book Doctors appointments
- Chat to your relations and friends on Skype
- Join Carers support groups, and link in to all the on-line help available for carers
- Contact friends on social media
- Relax with a game you enjoy, or find out about your favourite hobby
We will help you do all these things, in your own time, at your own pace.
- Are you a full-time, unpaid home carer?
- Would you like to be able to shop, bank from home, and keep in touch with old and new friends, helping you to feel less isolated?
- Would a laptop computer be helpful to you?
- Would you find it difficult to afford to buy a computer yourself?
Even if you have no experience at all, using a computer is less difficult than you might think. We will provide you with some training when you receive your computer, and be there to help you if you have any problems in the future.
Please contact us for more information and to discuss your needs.
Carers can contact us directly, or a friend relative, or social worker can get in touch on their behalf.
Telephone 07931 804999 E-Mail email@example.com